Saturday 23 April 2011

A Happy Working Song


Skip straight to song.

A Happy Working Song from the Disney film Enchanted. I didn't think much of the movie overall, but the high point was this Disney self-parody (of the Whistle while you work scene from Snow White and A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes from Cinderella) in which Princess Giselle, transported to modern New York, enlists the help of the available wild creatures to clean the apartment where she is staying.

We adore each filthy chore that we determine.
So, friends, even though you're vermin,
We're a happy working thro-ong!

- Ray

3 comments:

  1. I find myself wondering, after the ending of the clip, whether pigeons are sufficiently omnivorous to eat a cockroach?

    Will have to check....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit I did look up whether cockroaches can fly or not. Some species can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the hotels in Moscow is affectionately known as the Bolshoi Cucaracha. I can assure you that the cockroaches there include homo sapiens on the nightly menu.

    ReplyDelete