Arising from that, Susan Henderson sent me an image - reproduced by permission - of a unknown Haslehust painting that belonged to her husband's grandmother.
|click to enlarge|
A quick skim of sources - so far unsuccessful - has produced some lovely books. Check out:
- Small country houses of to-day (Lawrence Weaver, 1922, Internet Archive ID smallcountryhous01weavuoft).
- Picturesque English cottages and their doorway gardens (PH Ditchfield, 1905, Internet Archive ID picturesqueengli00ditcuoft).
- Old cottages and farmhouses in Kent and Sussex (EG Dawber & WG Davie, 1900, Internet Archive ID oldcottagesfarmh00dawbrich).
- Country cottages and week-end homes (JH Elder-Duncan, 1912, Internet Archive ID countrycottagesw00eldeuoft).
- Modern cottage architecture, illustrated from works of well-known architects (MB Adams, 1904, Internet Archive ID cu31924014905008)
See also Haslehust Mystery Painting #2.