Friday 29 May 2015

A Wren-like Note: important update

I've released my book A Wren-like Note: the life and works of Maxwell Gray (Mary Gleed Tuttiett) on a Creative Commons license, as an electronic version that allows its sharing and copying, without modification and retaining attribution to me as author.
The license I chose is Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International  (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) which is summarised here and specified in full here at the Creative Commons website.

This is a long-considered decision for a point when I'm no longer around to manage the book: a way of continuing a wider distribution without delegating anyone else to be responsible for it. It's such a niche book that it's had very few sales, so throwing it into the nonprofit sea isn't going to hurt anyone. And I still think it has some significance in being the only full-length work to collate what's known about Mary Tuttiett in general, and particularly about her as a distinctively Isle of Wight author. You could also view it as my gesture to give something back to a region that's a cherished part of my earliest memories, and has given me great happiness since returning to it - and my father's family - in what, unfortunately, has turned out to be in later life.

You can download the PDF from the dedicated Maxwell Gray Google Drive here:
(awrenlikenote_cc2015.pdf - 119Mb. Note that this is a big file that may break your normal preview option - nothing sinister).

If you want a gift or a library copy, you can still buy the softback from Blurb.com:
A Wren-like Note: the life and works of Maxwell Gray (Mary Gleed Tuttiett).

See also maxwellgray.co.uk - my official site for the book - for various valued-added material: resources such as links to online Maxwell Gray works; Catherine J Hamilton's interview of Mary Tuttiett (probably the only one existing); news and 'out-takes' that have since arisen; maps and graphics, and so on.

- Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment